At the outset of the MyDay program, university leadership defined seven goals for the collective implementation of Workday HCM, Finance and Student, plus the creation of a modern data warehouse. These goals are restated below in the context of the Student Sunrise project.
- Improve the ability to collect, report and analyze academic and other student-related data needed for decision-making
- Enable more consistent, accurate and/or complete student and academic data
- Simplify, streamline and, where possible, standardize key academic and student-focused processes
- Ensure that the university’s core student systems can be easily maintained and updated over time
- Improve access to student and other academic data needed to meet regulatory, compliance and accreditation needs
- Provide a positive user experience to students, faculty and academic staff
- Identify and implement opportunities to make academic and other student-focused operations more efficient and effective